Posted on June 8, 2020 by admin
There are some vital aspects that you need to work on to ensure that you keep your employees happy and retained.
- Company and Personal goals must align. Having similar values leads to superior employee support and engagements for the company’s goals.
- Company’s Culture. As employees and employers work together, they form a sense of belongingness which leads to the development of company’s culture and becomes quite hard to change.
- Sense of Belongingness. Appreciation and acknowledgement is one other reason why people may prefer working with you. HR plays a crucial role in this regard. A company that has values and seeks suggestions and inputs, certainly makes you feel respected, creating a sense of belonging.
- Personal Growth and Development. For some working with your company may be a needed evil to help them accomplish their personal goals. Al those who actually feel and seek personal development opportunities in their jobs are very much likely to stay loyal to their organization and enjoy their work more.
- Well Paid. This is a very obvious aspect for being happy at work, and for some it is the most crucial aspect when it comes to picking a job. After all, one of the primary reasons to why you are working is to make a living out of it. It obviously does not hurt to be paid well for the job you do.
- A Great Boss. Having a boss who keeps a check on you, interferes with your work, and becomes judgmental on every single thing you do can be a real pain and eventually very demotivating. People generally leave their jobs because they find their boss as the worst part of their job. However, having a boss who trusts and supports you to get the task done, makes you take the lead tends to be one of the biggest contributing factor to happy employees and job satisfaction.
Challenges tasks and professional development, contributing to something big, utilizing your talents and skills, being a part of a winning team or company are some other vital aspects that greatly contribute to keep your workforce motivated and happy. The evidence is very obvious, people perform better when they are happier.
Organizations with higher than an average level of happiness show better customer satisfaction and financial performance. Therefore, it is imperative for the businesses to create and maintain work environments that are not just positive but also provide leadership management that contribute to the happiness and satisfactory of their workforce.
Tags: Employee Engagement Surveys, employee happiness, employee motivation, employee satisfaction, employee survey, how to keep employees happy, not listening, passion in the workplace, work utopia, workplace satisfaction